Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cropped Challenge #2

For this challenge I needed to create a layout using the Paper Layers included in the kit.  I used 1 sheet as my 12 x 12 background and the second sheet for my cutouts as embellishments. In addition, I used some ribbon and gems/stickers included in the kit. I wanted each block to be unique but have a coherent theme by using photos in black and white with just a few color photos to add pops of color. 

This is my mother's 70th surprise birthday party. It was difficult choosing just 12 photos from the party but for the most part, I wanted to display the important people in her life and include just a few pictures such as the top portion of the cake I made for her, a backyard decoration and the finally what was left- the eaten watermelon. I plan to frame this and give it to her as a gift.

No comments: